Laura N. Ashmore is a Partner with Lake Toback, having joined the firm in 2000. Ms. Ashmore has focused on complex family law cases involving the distribution of high net worth estates as well as child custody matters. Ms. Ashmore is a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.
A graduate of DePaul University (B.F.A. Theatre Studies, 1991) and DePaul University College of Law (J.D. 1994), Ms. Ashmore’s law school years included clerkships in the Night Narcotics Unit of the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office and in the Murder Task Force Unit of the Cook County Public Defender’s Office.
Ms. Ashmore was admitted to the State Bar of Illinois and to the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois in 1994. Ms. Ashmore was a solo practitioner in private practice following her graduation from law school, concentrating on criminal defense, immigration and family law.
Ms. Ashmore is a member of the Chicago Bar Association and the Illinois State Bar Association. She is also a member of the Forensic Forum. She has handled pro bono cases for Chicago Volunteer Legal Services Foundation, where she presented the seminars Litigation Practice in Domestic Relations Court and Crime and Punishment: Defending Simple Criminal Matters. She also participated in the televised panel discussion How to Find and Work with Attorneys for the Illinois State Bar Association.
In addition to representing clients in litigation and negotiations involving financial and property matters, Ms. Ashmore represents clients in child custody, visitation, child support and parentage matters, as well as in the drafting and enforcement of prenuptial agreements.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Custody
- Child Support and Parentage Matters
- Litigation and Negotiations of Financial and Property Matters
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Illinois, 1994
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1994
- DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. - 1994
- DePaul University
- B.F.A. - 1991
- Major: Theatre Studies
- Litigation Practice in Domestic Relations Court
- Crime and Punishment: Defending Simple Criminal Matters
- How to Find and Work with Attorneys for the Illinois State Bar Association
- Powerful Practice Management for Family Law
- Effective Discovery in Family Law
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Forensic Forum